Soy wax candles are a pure, safe way to provide a fragrant home. We have listed the top seven benefits of soy wax to help you decide if soy wax is right for you.
- More Natural: Soy wax candles are simply made from soy wax, which is the processed form of soybean oil. While some pillar soy wax candles may have additives included to assist with increasing the burning point, many soy candles are purely wax, leaving you with a clean and natural candle.
- Clean Burning: Because soy candles usually do not have other additives mixed in, they burn much cleaner than other types of candles. Less soot and smoke will be released into your home, greatly reducing the toxic carcinogens that may be present with other types of candles.
- Lower Burn Point: Many soy candles will be in containers or melted in candle warmers due to a lower burning point. This will allow the candle to burn longer and slower providing a longer lasting scent.
- Quality: Because many soy candles are made in the United States, you will not receive candles that contain lead based wicks, which are toxic to breathe when lit. Also, because soy wax has a lower melting point, some soy candles will not even require a wick and can be heated with a candle warmer.
- Safety: Soy candles can have a safety component to them if you use flame-less candles, candle warmers or heating lamps to warm the wax. This will greatly reduce the chance of a fire hazard or a burn from a wicked candle.
- Clean Scent Throw: Due to the pure form of soy wax, the fragrance is not contaminated with additives that other types of candles may contain. This leaves a cleaner, more fragrant form of the scent.
- Cost Effective: Soy candles can be melted over and over, generally lasting twice as long as a paraffin wax candle. This greatly reduces the cost of candles over time.
Hopefully these seven benefits of soy wax will help you decide if melting soy wax melts or candles is the best choice for you. To see our full line of Jamie Clair Soy Wax Melts, please visit our store today.
Latest posts by Tracy Weber (see all)
- 4 Soft Skills to Stand Out in an IT Job Interview - April 30, 2017
- Download this Veteran’s or Memorial Day Hero Printable - November 11, 2016
- How to Keep House Sparrows Off Suet Feeders - November 3, 2016