Sadly, bullying, harassment and discrimination are topics that some of our kids and loved-ones face on a daily basis. A very concerning topic for me is the increase of students committing suicide over bullying each year. As another school year gets kicked off, many are feeling nervous to go back and potentially face another year of abuse. The bus rides, the gym locker room and social media can all be areas of worry. These times came make a child or teen very isolated and alone. I created this anti-bullying message to allow us, as friends and family, the ability to show support and love during these difficult times.
This message contains three important messages:
- You Hear Them: Some victims of abuse may feel that no one understands what they are going through. They feel that if they try harder to fit in, the problem will go away. This message demonstrates that you understand the issues they are facing and believe it is not their fault.
- You are There for Them: Being bullied and harassed can be a very isolating event. The trauma can make it feel as if no one cares about them or would miss them if they are gone. This message tells them that we will always be a person of support and guidance. We find that being different makes them courageous and we love that they are in our lives.
- You Will never Abandon Them: When being bullied, many other kids or friends will abandon or ignore the victim to prevent becoming a victim themselves. This message shows that we have the courage to stand up for them and be by their side through whatever challenges may come.
This video is only 2 minutes long. It is not meant to solve the issue, but simply open the door for deeper conversation. It can be a quick way to let someone you care about know you are thinking of them. Sending this message to a friend or family member who is feeling alone can be the difference between making it through the day, or making an irreversible decision.
I hope we can use anti-bullying message as a tool. Please share it with your friends and loved-one to help others. I have included the embed code for the video if you’d like to share this on your website, or feel free to share the post below.
I would also love to hear your feedback on this topic. What other ideas can you share to help those who face bullying and harassment? Ideas for future messages are welcome as well.
Thanks for reading and support this effort,
Latest posts by Tracy Weber (see all)
- 4 Soft Skills to Stand Out in an IT Job Interview - April 30, 2017
- Download this Veteran’s or Memorial Day Hero Printable - November 11, 2016
- How to Keep House Sparrows Off Suet Feeders - November 3, 2016